Client: a German private-label producer and packager for the cosmetic market:
- Professional level hair care products (shampoos, hair dyes and colors, conditioners, supplements, waxes, etc.) custom labeled for hair salons
- Product type: body care (creams and body balms, gel body washes, and soaps)
Check out the videos for the 2 lines that we designed for this client:
Read about the issues the client presented to us and how we helped him with our custom solution.
– 40 different bottle shapes and sizes
– Substances with different densities and viscosity: Body lotions, shampoos and conditioners,
and products containing active ingredients such as Hydrogen Peroxide (solution 3%)
– Bottle capacity from 25 ml to 1000 ml
– Viscosity: up to 10 000 cP (for liquids) and up to 30 000 cP (for creams)
– low production batches – in the case of creams – 600-800 pieces per batch
Low economy of production:
- 20 lines using old technology, adapted to work long series on one package and product
- Each production line worked 2-3 days, packaging only 1-2 products, generating tremendous production costs and labor.
- A large workforce was required to man the line – and workers were poorly trained which posed the risk of an accident and manufacturing of unsatisfactory products.
- Time was wasted during line change over and preparation (2.5 hours of changeover for 30 min production of one short batch series)
- High cost of upkeep and production as well as waste of space with numerous machines: the old lines occupied the majority of the warehouse.
Washing and rinsing of system:
- The old production lines required extensive cleaning. In particular the dosing system required extensive maintenance as well as complete piston disassembly, washing, and reassembly when dosing a new product. This created a very time consuming and inefficient changeover.
Key Account Manager
tel: +48 697 180 380